HFM’s Q3 round up of hedge fund data and analysis features encouraging signs for managers, as positive investor sentiment in Q2 produced top ups in Q3, and performance momentum was maintained, as well as reasons to be cautious going into year-end, including a rise in discontinued searches and a dearth of large launches.
- Global index up 4.7% as strong start pared by September losses
- Biggest quarterly gain in total AuM ($162bn) for over five years
- Equity funds account for half the quarter’s top ten performers
- Tosca and Pershing Square lead a modest quarter for large funds
- Flows turn positive but discontinued mandates see sharp uptick
- Big launches absent in Q3 as due diligence challenges mount